Monday, July 6, 2009

Ultimate Dress Designer

A lot of people asked me who my favorite dress designer is. It's tough because I adore so many designers, Oscar de La Renta, Valentino, Marchesa, Vera Wang, Prada, Chanel, and tons more. Each have unique point of views and designs. But if I have to choose one, it would be Elie Saab.

Why Elie Saab? Well, have you seen his collections? Especially his couture collections. OMG! Everytime I see his garments, my heart beats faster, it's like a treat for my eyes. I would LOVE to be able to wear anything Elie Saab. His dresses are elegant, beautiful and always stunning.

I'm going to renew my wedding vow a couple of years from now (God willing). I never had a chance to wear a western style wedding dress, mine was a traditional Indonesian one, so this time I'd like to wear the western one. And I am having a hard time choosing what dress I'm going to make and wear. I would love to wear Elie Saab's, but they probably cost as much as my house, lol. So, I will have to settle by trying to recreate one of Elie Saab's dresses, but all of them are GORGEOUS, so which one? I do still have a year or so to think about it though.

I LOVE simple silhouettes but with a little bit of punch. Maybe something like this:
Or this:
Or this:
Or let's go over the top might as well, like this:
Now you see why it's such a hard choice?
More beautiful garments from this amazing designer click here:

No comments: